Some thinking summarised from commentary on Steve Jobs’s career – and what other leaders can practice for success:
- Relentless pursuit of bold ideas – protect the organisational resources required to deliver them.
- Customer surprise & delight – this should drive the product/service roadmap.
- Ego can be acceptable if it makes the organisation more successful.
- It’s about results, not activity.
- The 3 Rs – strong leaders ensure right people/ right jobs/ right conditions enabled for success.
- Tell the truth – call out poor ideas and poor performance
- Inspirational communication – frequent and intensely motivational communication about compelling objectives
More details and pitfalls here: The Real Lessons from Steve Jobs’ Career | ChiefExecutive.net | Chief Executive Magazine.