The Secret to Ensuring Follow-Through – Peter Bregman – Harvard Business Review
“handoff checklist” — questions that the person handing off work must ask the person taking accountability for delivery:
- What do you understand the priorities to be?
- What concerns or ideas do you have that have not already been mentioned?
- What are your key next steps, and by when do you plan to accomplish them?
- What do you need from me in order to be successful?
- Are there any key contingencies we should plan for now?
- When will we next check-in on progress/issues?
- Who else needs to know our plans, and how will we communicate them?